[Samba] samba shares does not exist or permission denied when connecting

Sunny ssn at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 11:41:27 UTC 2015

In the smb.conf I have escaped the path to a samba share in quotes.

path = "/ibe/dusty/RIXILE Share/RIXILE"

all the users needs to do is go to

\\sambaserver\rixilr

but get's the following error message

does not exist or permission denied when connecting to [rixilr] Error
was Permission denied

Is this correct syntax?