[Samba] Problem with backup of the Samba 4

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:24:05 UTC 2015

On 21/08/15 10:58, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> the script is not complete.
> It isnt stopping samba and as the wiki says, DONT backup a running samba.

Hi Louis, it doesn't say that at all, what it does say is this:

Whilst you must never copy a running database, you can backup *.ldb &
*.tdb files online with 'tdbbackup'

This is a bit ambiguous, what it should say is:

You must never copy the running database (*.ldb & *.tdb files) except
with 'tdbbackup'

Rowland