[Samba] Samba 4 Bind DNS on CentOS 7

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Fri Aug 21 06:24:20 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

I originally installed using the built-in DNS. Then, after finding it
missing most features, I installed Bind and, lacking the named.con,
tried it including likely sounding files from the Samba setup directory
(OK, I was getting desperate). I then ran "samba_upgradedns
--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ" and discovered that named wouldn't start. After
removing the include line it did start but of course was missing the
important AD stuff. I ran updatedb and again tried to locate named.conf,
again without success. I then reverted back to the internal DNS and
named.conf is still not to be found.

I think, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I'll repeat the install on
another machine and see if I still get the same results. But that's
something for next week. At long last, it's Friday afternoon. :)

regards,
John

===snip== most history removed ===