[Samba] Samba4 DC/AD documents created in redirected folders with bogus UID

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Thu Aug 20 14:24:13 UTC 2015

Guilherme Boing, on 19 Aug 2015 14:31 you wrote:

> I just noticed that my fresh install of Samba 4.2.3 has the same behaviour.

Did you get a solution?

Odd, but this topic doesn't seem to be getting much traction.  I wonder what
people are using Samba4 for.  Outside of hard-cord samba-junkies who love
spending hours testing all kinds of esoteric features, I think most serious
Samba4 AD/DC users are like me: small office, single domain with a dozen-ish
Windows workstations.  We don't have forests and trees scattered all over the
planet.  For us, AD/DC is used for: DNS, DHCP, mail server, Windows
Authenticated login so users can log into any workstation, and redirected
folders so users' desktops follow them to any workstation.

Those are the fundamentals. Other than Windows Authentication and redirected
folders, I don't really see the point of Active Directory.

Therefore, for what I consider to be core, real-world Samba4 usage, this problem
of users' files getting created with the wrong UID seems to a top-priority bug.

Any suggestions? Something in smb.conf, nsswitch.conf? A setting in RSAT?

--Mark