[Samba] SOLVED Powerpoint 2007 will not advance slides when saved on a Samba share

kevin.hall at hallictservices.co.uk kevin.hall at hallictservices.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 10:04:02 UTC 2015

The spaces in the netbios name were the cause.

Powerpoint 2007 worked as expected when the spaces were removed on a test setup.

It also worked when a netbios alias was added to smb.conf.

If I get the time, I will have to investigate why every other piece of software
in the building, including Powerpoint 2003, didn't seem to mind spaces in the
netbios name but Powerpoint 2007 did but only when advancing slides!

Regards

Kevin Hall