[Samba] Samba 4 DC - no AES kerberos tickets - only arcfour

Ritter, Marcel (RRZE) marcel.ritter at fau.de
Wed Aug 19 06:02:05 UTC 2015

Hi Trever,

things improved after resetting user/machine passwords, however only the session key is using aes256 now, the ticket itself is still arcfour:

root at ubuntu1:~# kinit user09999
user09999 at S4DOM.TEST's Password:
root at ubuntu1:~# klist -v
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
        Principal: user09999 at S4DOM.TEST
    Cache version: 4

Server: krbtgt/S4DOM.TEST at S4DOM.TEST
Client: user09999 at S4DOM.TEST
Ticket etype: arcfour-hmac-md5, kvno 1
Session key: aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96
Ticket length: 1074
Auth time:  Aug 19 07:53:10 2015
End time:   Aug 19 17:53:04 2015
Ticket flags: enc-pa-rep, pre-authent, initial, proxiable, forwardable
Addresses: addressless

Is there something like a "domain password/secret" that I need to reset too in order to get aes encryption for everything?

If so, how do I do that?

I also cross-checked this with our windows AD (same client) and I get an AES only ticket/key:

<...>
Ticket etype: aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96, kvno 2
Ticket length: 2278
<...>

Any other ideas?

Bye,