[Samba] Samba4 DC/AD documents created in redirected folders with bogus UID

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Wed Aug 19 05:14:03 UTC 2015

My up-front apologies if this topic has been covered. This is my first time
using this list and I don't know how to search for existing topics yet ...

I installed Samba4 on Linux Slackware 64 version 14.1 about 6 months ago. I set
up redirected folders for the Windows 7 Workstation users. All worked fine until
recently. Now, when several of the users create documents and folders on their
"Desktop" (redirected to the DC) they are being created with UID 3000000, which
is not a configured UID. For example:

$ ls -ltrn "/redirectedFolders/Users/matkeson/My Documents"
-rwxrwx---+ 1 3000045 100  27648 2015-07-30 07:17 Accounts\ 7-1-2015.docx*
drwxrwx---+ 2 3000045 100   4096 2015-08-11 09:27 Correspondence/
-rwxrwx---+ 1 3000000 100  11423 2015-08-18 11:04 testMark.docx*

This user's actual UID is 3000045, as created months ago via Windows RSAT.
Confirmed by:

$ wbinfo -i matkeson
HPRS\matkeson:*:3000045:100:Mark Atkeson:/home/HPRS/matkeson:/bin/false

I did recently upgrade Samba from the originally installed 4.1.0 to 4.1.17 a
couple of weeks ago, but I can't really confirm that is when the problem started
showing up.  I find files with this 3000000 UID on backups before the upgrade (I

This does not affect all users. I find 3 for sure it happens to and 3 for sure
it does not happen to.

I do have "idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes" set in smb.conf


More information about the samba mailing list