[Samba] Samba 3 with LDAP vs. Windows 10 - I KNOW SAMBA3 IS DEPRECATED, BUT COULD BE INTERESTING :)

Roland Schwingel roland.schwingel at onevision.com
Thu Aug 13 12:47:35 UTC 2015

Hi Marcel...

 > Hi Folks,
 >
 > after some days of intensive google-work I didn't find a solution for
 > joining Windows 10 Clients (release version) to Samba 3.6.6 LDAP based
 > NT Domain.

Here I had been in a similar problematic scenario. Very complex LDAP
scenario and not chance yet to use samba 4 ldap plus the need to use
windows 10.

BUT: You can use Samba4 in NT4 PDC domainstyle like you do with samba3.

That way you can use samba4 like you are using samba3 now and keep your
"old" ldap and run windows 10.

I got some problems on my way to achieve this but when you know them
then you can handle them without compromises: See my 2 recent threads
here on this mailing list:

I first had to solve this (startup winbind) one before you can head for
windows10:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-July/192712.html
Now the windows 10 party:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-July/192814.html