[Samba] winbind_krb5_locator usage

Felix Matouschek felix.matouschek at vipco.de
Thu Aug 13 09:47:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have different Sites in my domain and want the different members to use the respective domain controller of their site.

I can't get this to work right. I have a member that is in site B but executing "net ads info" outputs the DC of site A as active.

I read about enabling "winbind_krb5_locator", but it is already located in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/krb5/plugins/krb5/".

Winbind also does not generate a krb5.conf, even with the option "create krb5 conf" explicitly set to yes.

I am using SerNet Samba 4.2.3 as DC and Member.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,
Felix