[Samba] ACLs on Samba share not preserved when copying with Windows Explorer

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:24:10 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 17:13, Andrew Martin wrote:
> [...]

The problem is people call these by different names :-)

What I was trying to get across (and failing it would seem) is that
setting 'create mask' etc in smb.conf is a bad thing if you want to use
'POSIX ACLs' (as you call them) as well. They tend to react with each
other, so you should just use one or the other, not both. If you have
windows clients then I would go with just the 'POSIX ACLs' and set these
from windows, remove the 'create mask' settings from samba conf (I would
check the other share settings as well, two of your settings mean the
same thing).

Rowland