[Samba] ACLs on Samba share not preserved when copying with Windows Explorer

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Tue Aug 11 18:40:53 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Thanks for the help, however why does this matter from Samba's perspective?
In either case, copying an existing file from a local drive to the share or
saving a new file onto the share from a 3rd party program, the share sees
a new file being created on it. Do each of these operations perform
different SMB operations?

Thanks,

Andrew