[Samba] Samba 4 AD and VM migration between the free Hyper-V 2012R2

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:37:09 UTC 2015

On 11/08/15 07:44, Владимир Марченко wrote:
> "Good day. Briefly about the situation. Installed sernet-samba4 (Version
> 4.2.3-SerNet-RedHat-18.el7, CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503,
> 3.10.0-229.7.2.el7.x86_64), AD domain is set up and works fine, windows
> servers and workstations added to the domain, no problem.
>
> Also added to the domain 2 hypervisor Hyper-V 2012R2.
> Faced with the next issue, I can not configure the replication and
> migration of virtual machines between hypervisors.When i try to migrate a
> VM from one host to another getting an error: «The Virtual Machine Service
> faield to authenticate the connection for a Virtual Machine migration at
> the source host: The Logon attempt failed (0x8009030C)»
>
> Both in one and in the other direction. In accordance with the
> recommendations of the MS selected Kerberos authentication, host did not
> contain relevant spn, it was added by hand (tried both through setspn out
> of Windows, and samba-tools spn add) After adding spn configured delegation
> between hosts.
>
> PS: From the Help from Microsoft: After adding the delegation between hosts
> Hyper-V, the following should occur. The configuration changes do not take
> effect until the following has occurred: The changes have replicated to the
> domain controllers that the servers running Hyper-V are logged into.
>
> A new kerboros ticket has been issued.
>
> What could be the problem?"
>

> can anyone help me? I will answer any questions.

Are you sure this is a samba problem, a quick google turns up a lot of
results similar to this, for instance :

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN237777/EN

http://blogs.technet.com/b/davguents_blog/archive/2013/02/07/the-case-of-the-unexplained-windows-server-2012-replica-kerberos-errors-0x8009030c-0x00002efe.aspx

Rowland