[Samba] Samba Windows 10

Thomas Miller thomas at tlm.id.au
Mon Aug 10 09:17:27 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

I am trying to connect Windows 10 to Samba domain controller. Windows 10 fails to get GPO’s because it can’t access SysVol with permissions.

The domain Windows 10  is going through for SysVol would be \\example.com\SysVol when I navigate to this as Admin it does not let me go with credentials however if I use the servers hostname \\voyager\Sysvol I can access the directory. We have a fair few Windows 8 clients that have no problems.

Kind Regards From Australia