[Samba] Samba 4.2 AD member accesible by name but not by IP

Ivajlo Karabojkov karabojkov at kit.bg
Fri Aug 7 20:26:27 UTC 2015

Well, this is the most complicated part. I have Samba 4.2 AD DC with samba internal DNS and Server 2003 AD DC which should be decommisioned soon.
Everything worked for several months. The odd part is that suddenly Server 2003 DNS lost all its zones and Samba 4.2 was the only reliably working DC. I seized FSMO roles after forcibly decomissioned Server 2003.
I'm not sure that everything in my Samba AD DC is fine since I get weird errors running
samba-tooldrs showrepl
it says that user SERVER$@DOMAIN.LAN was not found in kerberos database
I konw it's a great mess but since the authorisation works for all member servers and workstations I'll work on this problem later maybe.
I was afraid that the problem with AD DNS isthe cause for Samba access problems.

[> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server -> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server]