[Samba] WAF equivalents for v3 make targets

samba.opencode at spamgourmet.com samba.opencode at spamgourmet.com
Mon Aug 3 15:14:16 UTC 2015

I'm migrating Kodi's build system from targeting samba v3 to v4. I'm trying to find the equivalent configure options and targets in v4/WAF for what we're currently using to build samba v3. (We only build libsmbclient.)

1. For make -C source3 libsmbclient, it looks like the equivalent with v4/WAF is:

make smbclient

Is that correct?

2. What's the equivalent for make -C source3 installlibsmbclient? I tried

buildtools/bin/waf install --targets=smbclient

And that looks like it's about to work, but it fails at the end with the following error:

File 'bin/default/source3/libsmb/libsmbclient.inst.so' does not exist

3. Are there any v4 equivalents for any of the following configure options from v3?

--with-libtalloc=no

--with-libtdb=no

--without-libaddns

--without-libnetapi

--without-libsmbsharemodes

FWIW, I'm building on samba 4.2.3 on Ubuntu x64 15.04.

Also, in case it's helpful, here's what we're currently doing to build v3:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/tools/depends/target/samba-gplv3/Makefile

Thanks,

David