[Samba] Cannot authenticate the administrator account

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Wed Apr 29 09:39:51 MDT 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015, Mike wrote:

> Did I simply provision the REALM or domain incorrectly from the start?
> testparm -v output shows I provided the following:
>
> workgroup = INTERNAL
> realm = EXAMPLE.COM
> netbios name = SAMBA

Looks that way to me.  Your realm should include the workgroup name:
INTERNAL.EXAMPLE.COM.

See:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Server_Information

It _might_ work if you don't specify the domain when you kinit ("kinit
Administrator"), since kerberos will normally look up the default domain,
or use whatever is configured as default in your krb5.conf, but I suspect
you will have issues with anything that tries to do automatic ticket
acquisition.