[Samba] roaming profile doubles in size at client logout

claudiu vasadi claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:18:36 MDT 2015

Hello all,

I repeated the same test with a windows 2012 server and oddly enough, the
profile folder of the user did not double in size; actually it did not even
grow over the 4GB size of the client (same computer, same 1x 4GB iso on
desktop).

I think that excluding certain folders and running background rsync's
breaks the whole concept of roaming profiles and would prefer, if possible
at all, avoiding it all together.

Does samba 3.x behave the same?

PS: Surely enough, MIcrosoft's normality is something I've grown weary of.

--
Best regards,
Claudiu Vasadi