[Samba] RFC2307 attributes not being read by DC2 in 4.2.1

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:10:56 MDT 2015

On 24/04/15 01:07, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>> Internal AD winbind implementation doesn't care about SAM posixAccount
>> mappings in sam.ldb - it reads the RFC2307 mappings from idmap.ldb,
> whereas
>> member servers read the maps from SAM.
>> This creates a nice clash of UID's between DC and members, even worse - it
>> creates a clash between idmap and sam on the DC.
>> I'm right now trying to conceive a plan to solve this crap.
>>
> What I was asking was if the internal one was IN FACT being disabled or if
> it SHOULD HAVE been disabled but wasn't.

Yes, I know that was what you were trying to say and what I was trying
to say was, if the way I suggested to turn off winbindd didn't work,
then I do not know of another way of turning it off.

I suggest we stop this here, we are just going around in circles, we
will just have to agree to disagree :-)

Rowland