[Samba] RFC2307 attributes not being read by DC2 in 4.2.1

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:07:13 MDT 2015

On 23/04/15 18:56, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>> What I was proposing was something to try and find out if there is a
>> problem that can be cured by using the builtin 'winbind'. The OP is
>> using bind9 instead of the internal dns server, so his smb.conf has a
>> 'server services' line and changing 'winbindd' in that line to 'winbind'
>> is the same as what you have posted.
>>
> Well, I am not a native speaker of English and probably I didn't express
> myself too welll...
>
> What I was proposing IS NOT the same. I was proposing that he stiil uses
> winbindd WHILE EXPLICITLY DISABLING WINBIND, instead of doing it
> implicitly.
>
> I was not denying your suggestion, it is a valid one and he should try it,
> but mine is a different one and I thought he could try it also because it
> costs nothing to do it.

OK, I understand what you are thinking, but it worked before he upgraded
to 4.2.1 and I was suggesting that he reverted to the original 'winbind'
built into the samba daemon instead of using the separate 'winbindd'
daemon. I do not think that you can turn off the built-in 'winbind'
except by using the separate 'winbindd' daemon.

Rowland