[Samba] RFC2307 attributes not being read by DC2 in 4.2.1

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:11:45 MDT 2015

On 23/04/15 16:45, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>> If you read what I wrote, you will see I said to replace 'winbindd' with
>> 'winbind'. We are referring to samba 4.2.1, as standard this uses the
>> separate 'winbindd' daemon instead of the 'winbind' built into the samba
>> daemon.
>>
> I read what I wrote but what I am saying is something different. The
> problem may lie not in the use of winbindd per se, it may lie in the use
> of winbindd *without disabling the internal winbind*. Maybe I'm wrong but
> trying it is not so big of an effort....

with a samba 4.2.1 AD DC you automatically use the separate 'winbindd'
deamon and the 'winbind' deamon built into the samba daemon should be
ignored. There is no way that I know to 'disable' the winbind built into
samba, but there is a way to turn it on and turn off 'winbindd', which
is the way I suggested.

Rowland