[Samba] Cannot authenticate the administrator account

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:52:50 MDT 2015

On 22/04/15 19:40, Mike wrote:
> Thanks, Rowland.
> I'll give it some thought.
> At this point, I may even go back to slackware or gentoo.
> It is a bit much learning all the new system tools (systemd,
> systemctl, firewalld, NetworkManager, etc.) while moving from a samba
> standalone configuration to AD/DC, DNS, Kerberos, all for the first time.

Debian wheezy does not come with the first two of those so called tools
and you can safely remove the last from a wheezy DC, it is not needed.

If you are used to using gentoo, then debian should be a breeze :-)

Louis's script works, it just needs some info from you, if you do decide
to go down this path and have any questions, you know where we are :-)

Rowland