[Samba] Time synchronization issue (solved)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 22 04:49:51 MDT 2015

Ok, good it works now..

Yes, clients should be synced with the DC..
i can only think of 3 reasons why it didnt work or stopped working.

1) If the pc time gets out of sync (+5min)  for some reason, then the client wil try 8 more times and then it marks the source as unusable..
    ( if a pc is never rebooted, this can happen also )

2) u used w32time to set time, and if you run than from within a login script, i wil fail, users dont have rights to set time.
    this can be set by policy that users are allowed to sync time..

3) other which i dont now..  ;-)
    changed time server, winter/summertime change which went wrong..

Greetz,

Louis