[Samba] Idmap RID back end on Samba 4.2.1

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Tue Apr 21 16:16:54 MDT 2015

A question to the Samba developers (or anyone else who knows the answer):

Since Samba (as of version 4.2) can now use the "normal" winbindd
daemon, I suppose that RID mapping on a AD DC will work in the same way
as it works on a member server. So, if I configure it in exactly the
same way as in my member servers and then replace the UID/GID of all
files in the DC with the new ones, everything should work as it worked
until now. Am I right?

Thank you for the excellent work.