[Samba] Noob question: user moved to a OU dissapear from getent, but groups don't

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:45:40 MDT 2015

Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my english.

I'm triyng to migrate a Samba 3.6 domain to Samba 4 and I've a question
about OU and Winbind:

OU affects to something more besides GPO in AD and Winbind?. Because I've
moved all users to an OU and all less one (strangely) have dissapear from
"getent passwd" and the other SO tools.
If i run "wbinfo -u" all users are showed but I've tried a lot of things
like:

   - Reboot
   - Restart Winbind and Samba daemons
   - Stop daemons, clear winbind cache and start daemons again.
   - Move the users back to "Users" folder and repeat the above steps.

But none of above has worked. Finally i've restored the server to an old
state to make it work again.

I've done something wrong?. I've to configure something to make the winbind
read the OU?

Now i've moved some disabled users to a new OU and have dissapear from
getent, then the problem still there.

Here's my samba cfg:

[global]
        workgroup = CASA
        realm = casa.red
        netbios name = PDC.CASA.RED
        server string = %h server
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        encrypt passwords = yes

        # Winbind para mostrar grupos y usuarios del dominio en Linux
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes
        winbind nested groups = No
        winbind separator = +
        winbind normalize names = yes

        idmap config CASA : backend  = ad
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range =  1000-20000000

        # Desactivar Cups en este servidor
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = no

        name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast

¡¡Thanks!!