[Samba] Map to Guest not working

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Mon Apr 20 12:56:05 MDT 2015

Greetings, Klaus Hartnegg!

> Workaround: insist that is tries to use a non-existing userid:
> net use n: \\server\share /user:notexit

Note: If you do not need to map share to a disk (and I strongly suggest to NOT
map, as this creates additional easy vector of attack for various malware),
you can just

net use \\server\share /user:notexit

or

net use \\server\IPC$ /user:notexit

to open access to RPC share and subsequently to all other services on the
host.

> This works fine, without asking for a password, and immediately connects
> as guest.

> A nicer solution would be map to guest = invalid password, but this has
> other disadvantages (described in the man page).

> The best solution would be if these options could be set per share,
> instead of only globally. Then one could make a share specifically for
> guests, that always just works, no matter what.

The best solution is to fix domain link already.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...