[Samba] Join 2012 Server R2 as member to NT domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 17 04:03:14 MDT 2015

Hai,

just looked at the site below.. about the 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR

In your dhchp server, did you set the "option domain-name" im asumming so,
since thats a normal option. But you can try with adding :

ddns-domainname "your.domain.tld";
ddns-rev-domainname "in-addr.arpa."

check in a dos box with ipconfig /all
check for the Primary dns-..   second line ..
or look at the Connections specifice dns-....

If you see your domain name there, then joining should work,
but since i dont have a windows 8.1 here, i cant test this for your.

No registry editing should be needed at all imo..

Greetz,

Louis