[Samba] LDAPS on DC

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Apr 17 02:46:13 MDT 2015

El 17/04/15 a les 06:26, Fred Smith ha escrit:
> I'm trying to confirm that LDAP traffic is encrypted on my Samba 4 DC. I
> have read and followed https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_LDAPS_on_a_DC
> but when I attempt to connect to the DC on port 636 or via ldaps:// or both
> via ldapsearch (linux) and ldp (windows) I cannot connect.
>
> Failed tests:
>
> *ldapsearch -I -H ldaps://dc*
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>         additional info: (unknown error code)
>
> *ldapsearch -I -H ldaps://dc:636*
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>         additional info: (unknown error code)
>
> *ldapsearch -I -H ldap://dc:636*
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Check the ldap configuration file on the client (in mageia is
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf, in ubuntu /etc/ldap/ldap.conf).
Try to set "TLS_REQCERT allow" and comment out everything else.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es