[Samba] network collapse

Pol Hallen sambait3 at fuckaround.org
Thu Apr 16 04:54:20 MDT 2015

Hi Louis and thanks for your reply. I connected a client directly to
server and I've same problem (no switches problem).

Why this problem happens only with samba? With other services (ftp, rsync,
apache, etc.) I don't have this problem :-/ so, are you sure the problem
should be an errata configuration of NICs?

> You can use thisone to disable autosence
> ethtool -s ethX autoneg off

ethtool does not run with my ethernet card:

ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
Cannot set new settings: Invalid argument
  not setting autoneg

ethtool eth0

Settings for eth0:
	Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
	Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
	                        100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
	                        1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
	Supported pause frame use: No
	Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
	Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
	                        100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
	                        1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
	Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
	Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
	Link partner advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
	                                     100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
	                                     1000baseT/Full
	Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
	Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
	Speed: 1000Mb/s
	Duplex: Full
	Port: MII
	PHYAD: 0