[Samba] samba 4.2 RDP problem

schnaggy schnaggy at schnaggy.de
Mon Apr 13 00:11:23 MDT 2015

Hi Heinz,

Baris wrote me the following:

> i'm using samba4 and RDP running....
> my configuration:
>
> smb.conf
>
> ..
>    auth methods = sam, winbind, ntdomain, ntdomain:winbind
>    server services = s3fs, winbind, rpc, nbt, wrepl, cldap, ldap, kdc, drepl, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>    dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, remote, winreg, srvsvc

I added the missing dcerpc endpoint servers (remote, winreg, srvsvc) and
auth methods (sam, winbind, ntdomain, ntdomain:winbind) which are not in
smb.conf by default and now RDP Connections are working.

I hope I will find some information about these servers and methods in
the man pages or samba wiki.

schnaggy:-)