[Samba] Have options changed for "samba-tool domain provision"

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:45:09 MDT 2015

On 01/04/15 16:54, Jean-François Morcillo wrote:
> Le 01/04/2015 17:42, Rowland Penny a écrit :
>> On 01/04/15 15:49, Jean-François Morcillo wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With the samba 4.1 serie, I used to use the command:
>>> samba-tool domain provision --adminpass='1GoodPasswd' --domain='TEST'
>>> --workgroup='TEST' --realm='test.fr' --use-xattr=yes --use-rfc2307
>>> --server-role='dc'
>>>
>>> Now with samba 4.2
>>> The same command ends with:
>>> samba-tool domain provision: error: no such option: --workgroup
>>>
>>> Is that option now useless?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> It appears to be worse than what you think, OK *who* turned off the
>> 'Credentials Options:' ??
>>
>> If you run 'samba-tool domain provision --help' on 4.1.17 (debian
>> backports) amongst all the options is this stanza:
>>
>>    Credentials Options:
>>      --simple-bind-dn=DN
>>                          DN to use for a simple bind
>>      --password=PASSWORD
>>                          Password
>>      -U USERNAME, --username=USERNAME
>>                          Username
>>      -W WORKGROUP, --workgroup=WORKGROUP
>>                          Workgroup
>>      -N, --no-pass       Don't ask for a password
>>      -k KERBEROS, --kerberos=KERBEROS
>>                          Use Kerberos
>>      --ipaddress=IPADDRESS
>>                          IP address of server
>>
>> If you run the same command on 4.2.0, you don't!!
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> I have the same here.
> My version is built from the tag 4.2 in git repository of samba.
> So it makes this release useless or am I missing something?
>
> Regards,

Hi, after a bit more investigation, can I ask the person that changed this:

class cmd_domain_provision(Command):
     """Provision a domain."""

     synopsis = "%prog [options]"

     takes_optiongroups = {
         "sambaopts": options.SambaOptions,
         "versionopts": options.VersionOptions,
         "credopts": options.CredentialsOptions,
     }

To this:

class cmd_domain_provision(Command):
     """Provision a domain."""

     synopsis = "%prog [options]"

     takes_optiongroups = {
         "sambaopts": options.SambaOptions,
         "versionopts": options.VersionOptions,
     }

in 'samba-4.2.0/python/samba/netcmd/domain.py' to change it back again ?
You cannot seem to provision a domain anymore.

Rowland