[Samba] How can I have new users/groups to include posixAccount/posixGroup schema automatically?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 9 14:37:50 MDT 2015

Greetings, Sketch!

>>> If you want your Unix users to have the same IDs everywhere, you need to
>>> use the RFC2307 attributes,
>>> samba-tool
>>
>> Doesn't work, as evidently demonstrated recently in the list.

> Pulled straight out of my old user creation script, which I used with no
> issues for some time with multiple verisons of samba 4.1.x:

> samba-tool user create $user --uid-number=$uid --gid-number=$gid
> --login-shell=/bin/bash --home-directory=/home/$user

That's exactly what I mean by "doesn't work".
Did you read the list, or just jumped into a thread to demonstrate your
ignorance?
Your "solution" doesn't take in count already existing uid/gid's, neither
modify the stored "next id" value.

> (Later replaced with a script i found on the internet that created a new
> user without rfc2307 attributes, then used ldbmodify to automatically
> generate the unix uid based on the SID, much like winbind would do.)

That's an option, that I could take myself. Thanks for a reminder.
Now, if only I could tweak the RID selection... any suggestions?
Current RID's already somewhat out of control.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...