[Samba] How can I have new users/groups to include posixAccount/posixGroup schema automatically?

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Thu Apr 9 13:51:17 MDT 2015

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Andrey Repin wrote:

>> If you want your Unix users to have the same IDs everywhere, you need to
>> use the RFC2307 attributes,
>> samba-tool
>
> Doesn't work, as evidently demonstrated recently in the list.

Pulled straight out of my old user creation script, which I used with no
issues for some time with multiple verisons of samba 4.1.x:

samba-tool user create $user --uid-number=$uid --gid-number=$gid --login-shell=/bin/bash --home-directory=/home/$user

(Later replaced with a script i found on the internet that created a new
user without rfc2307 attributes, then used ldbmodify to automatically
generate the unix uid based on the SID, much like winbind would do.)