[Samba] samba member logon.. question.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:18:07 MDT 2015

On 09/04/15 19:44, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Rowland Penny!

>>> They are not required for AD, but they are required for other tools, that work
>>> off AD LDAP.
>>> Don't scream like that, you may startle someone.
>> If your tools rely on the posix objectclasses being there, then they are
>> broken. The posix objectclasses are auxiliaries of other AD
>> objectclasses and as such, no windows tools will add them.
> Elaborate, please.
> A link would suffice.

OK, have a look at
'/usr/share/samba/setup/ad-schema/MS-AD_Schema_2K8_Classes.txt'

Find 'cn: Group' , where you will also find:

auxiliaryClass: posixGroup

Have a look here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677964%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

and here:
http://www.windows-active-directory.com/active-directory-object-classes.html

>>> Because my auth tools, for instance, expect posixAccount class and check for
>>> it before processing further with authentication.
>>>
>> Your auth tools are broken or set up incorrectly.
> You're just making things up out of ignorance.
> They're set up correctly and work well for seven years already.

No, I am not making things up, and yes your tools may be set up
correctly, correctly that is for Openldap, they need to be set up
differently for Active Directory.
I repeat, even if you do not want to believe me, there are no windows
tools that will add the posix objectclasses to active directory, so no
Unix tools should either.

Rowland