[Samba] Windows 10 + Domain Join + Samba 3.x + Profile V5

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Apr 8 11:56:10 MDT 2015

Am 08.04.2015 um 10:18 schrieb EnoSupp:
> I try to add a windows 10 client to a existent samba 3 domain.
> I have installed a windows 10 build 10049 with all Updates.
>
> On the windows client I added/modified the following Registry Keys that
> I can join to to the Samba 3 Domain.
> HKLM->System->CCS->LanmanWorkstation->Parameters
> DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0
> DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
>
> On the Samba Server I created the Folder Profile.V5.
> On the Client I added the Registry key for the Profile Path Extension:
> HKLM->System->CCS->ProfSvc-> Parameters->UseProfilePathExtensionVersion =1
>
> After these steps I am able with a domain user to do the logon to my
> domain, but windows creates just a
> temporary profile for the user.
>
> The only error from the user login I can see in the Event log is:
>
> Source: User Profile Service
> Error: the specified path is invalid.
> It is not possible to see which path it is.

There's nothing named "samba 3 domain". What you mean is an NT4-style
domain and not limited to Samba version 3.x:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Common_misconceptions_about_Samba_4

Samba 3.x is EOL. Please retry with a supported version. If you still
having problems, we can do further checks.

Regards,
Marc