[Samba] Fileserver and access groups

jd at ionica.lv jd at ionica.lv
Sat Apr 4 12:32:56 MDT 2015

Citēju Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>:

>> Does the FS need any local Samba users at all? What if domain
>> users' homes are located on FS?
>>
>> Janis
>>

> All your users & groups should be stored in AD, except for users
> like 'root' (yes korashi I am looking at you) or www-data, ntp etc
> i.e. any user or group that has an ID less than 1000.
>
> You use ACLs for users homes stored on the fileserver, the
> fileserver needs to be joined to the domain.

one another problem I noticed:

the log is full of such msg

[2015/04/04 21:14:23.510893,  0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:354(find_domain_master_name_query_fail)
   find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
   Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name DOMAIN<1b> for the
workgroup DOMAIN.
   Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

may be the reference to workgroup DOMAIN in smb.conf of FS has to be removed?