[Samba] required settings to allow XP clients to access samba 4.2 servers

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Sat Apr 4 11:18:57 MDT 2015

Dear list,

the release notes of Samba 4.2.0 have one paragraph discussing
some changes implemented to increase security - apparently these
changes seem to break the access of XP clients unless some of the
new features are disabled.

That's perfectly fine - however: can someone briefly point out,
which options need to be set on the AD DC and which ones on a
member server. Many thanks for that - I have to admit, that I
don't have the background to derive this from the release notes. :-(

Thank You in advance! And best regards
Peter