[Samba] Member server - winbind unable to resolve users/groups

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Apr 3 15:29:42 MDT 2015

El 03/04/15 a les 22:10, Andrey Repin ha escrit:
> Greetings, Luca Olivetti!
>
>> El 03/04/15 a les 20:33, Andrey Repin ha escrit:
>
>>> Eh? What the? Why? Google says it may be an issue with DNS, but mine works
>>> fine. Especially since a few lines before it successfully contact AD DC.
>
>> Probably not related, but I had an issue with kerberos and it turns out
>> I had the wrong host name for 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts
>
> /etc/hosts, or /etc/hostname ?

both actually: in hostname I had the fully qualified (old) name (and it
should be just the name without the domain) , while in /etc/hosts I had,
again, the old name.
E.g in dns it was name.samba.domain, while in /etc/hosts it was

127.0.0.1 name.old.domain name

instead of

127.0.0.1 name.samba.domain name

Bye