[Samba] Trouble of setting samba with join AD

Adhi Nugraha Wirawan adhi at balicasa.net
Fri Apr 3 09:15:44 MDT 2015

On Apr 2, 2015, at 16:17, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/15 09:12, Adhi N. Wirawan wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>

>> I manage to setup samba with the Kerberos, if i check with
>>

>> #host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.test.sg
>>
>> _ldap._tcp.test.sg has SRV record 0 0 389 4ecapsvsg6.test.sg.
>>

>> #host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.test.sg
>>
>> _kerberos._udp.test.sg has SRV record 0 0 88 4ecapsvsg6.test.sg.
>>

>> #host -t A 4ECAPSVSG6.test.sg
>>
>> 4ECAPSVSG6.test.sg has address 10.153.64.5
>>

>> But unfortunately i just can't join to AD,  if i enter
>>

>> #smbclient -L 4ecapsvsg6 -U%
>>
>> Sharename       Type       Comment
>>
>>         ---------       ----       -------
>>
>>         IPC$            IPC        IPC Service
>>

>> #smbclient //4ecapsvsg6/netlogon -UAdministrator%"Pa$$worD" -c 'ls'
>>
>> Connection to \\4ecapsvsg6\netlogon failed - NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
>>

>> And if i try :
>>

>> #sudo net ads join
>>
>> Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain TEST
>>

>> #sudo net ads join -S 4ECAPSVSG6 -U administrator%"Pa$$worD"
>>
>> Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'TEST.SG' over
>> rpc: No such domain
>>

>> Is there any steps i'm missing here ?
>>

> Yes, you forgot to tell us just how you installed samba, what you installed it on and what you are trying to join to.
>
> Sorry but we are not mind readers!
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland,

hehe yes i do forgot to mention specific information, sorry about that :)

I try to install Samba4 inside uBuntu 12.04.05 by build from git,

#git clone -b v4-stable git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba4
#cd samba4
#./configure --enable-debug --enable-selftest
#make
#make install

The Samba version is 4.0.0alpha18

i’m trying to join to AD in Windows XP / 7.

any other specific information should i mention ?

~ Adhi