[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 2 03:50:28 MDT 2015

Looks to me your setup is not correct..

just set the UID for the user if you have an AD backend configured. ( like my setup below )
configure nsswitch and you see it works.
OR like below , setup a RID backedn and enable the template lines.

look here this is my DC setup.

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.PRIVATE
        netbios name = DC1
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

        ## KEEP THIS OFF !! Only used for modify-ing the AD Schema
        ## ONLY DONE ONES ON THE DC WITH THE FSMO Roles
        sdb:schema update allowed = no

        ## Dont forget to set the idmap_ldb on ALL DC's if you use it
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
        idmap config DOMAIN : backend = ad
        idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-3999999

        #when using idmap backend RID enable these
        #template shell = /bin/false
        #template homedir = /home/users/%ACCOUNTNAME%

        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind trusted domains only = no
        winbind use default domain = yes

        interfaces = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1
        bind interfaces only = yes
        time server = yes
        wins support = yes

and this is my member setup.

[global]
        netbios name = MEMBER5
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        security = ADS
        realm = DOMAIN.PRIVATE

        kerberos method = secrets and keytab

        interfaces = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.5
        bind interfaces only = yes

        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
        idmap config DOMAIN : backend = ad
        idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-3999999

        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind trusted domains only = no
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind enum users  = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes

        # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set privileges
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map

        #when using idmap backend RID enable these
        #template shell = /bin/bash