[Samba] Have options changed for "samba-tool domain provision"

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:42:11 MDT 2015

On 01/04/15 15:49, Jean-François Morcillo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the samba 4.1 serie, I used to use the command:
> samba-tool domain provision --adminpass='1GoodPasswd' --domain='TEST'
> --workgroup='TEST' --realm='test.fr' --use-xattr=yes --use-rfc2307
> --server-role='dc'
>
> Now with samba 4.2
> The same command ends with:
> samba-tool domain provision: error: no such option: --workgroup
>
> Is that option now useless?
>
> Regards,

It appears to be worse than what you think, OK *who* turned off the
'Credentials Options:' ??

If you run 'samba-tool domain provision --help' on 4.1.17 (debian
backports) amongst all the options is this stanza:

   Credentials Options:
     --simple-bind-dn=DN
                         DN to use for a simple bind
     --password=PASSWORD
                         Password
     -U USERNAME, --username=USERNAME
                         Username
     -W WORKGROUP, --workgroup=WORKGROUP
                         Workgroup
     -N, --no-pass       Don't ask for a password
     -k KERBEROS, --kerberos=KERBEROS
                         Use Kerberos
     --ipaddress=IPADDRESS
                         IP address of server

If you run the same command on 4.2.0, you don't!!

Rowland