[Samba] samba 4.2. Knowledge Consistency Checker failed

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:06:12 MDT 2015

On 01/04/15 08:51, Adriana Moga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have joined samba 4.2 as a DC in a windows domain. The replication is
> working between domain controllers and samba 4.2.
> Only that I'm concerned about "samba-tool drs kcc" fails with an RPC
> protocol error:
>
> ERROR(runtime): DsExecuteKCC failed - (-1073610723, 'An RPC protocol error
> occurred.')
>
> I'm using the default config in smb.conf file:
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>      workgroup = MYDOMAIN
>      realm = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
>      netbios name = SAMBA4.2
>      server role = active directory domain controller
>
> [netlogon]
>      path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain/scripts
>      read only = No
> [sysvol]
>      path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>      read only = No
>

> Thanks,

If what you have posted is correct (or anywhere near correct allowing
for sanitizing), you have several problems

It would seem your FQDN is 'SAMBA4.2.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL' so can you see the
problems ??

Firstly and this is minor, you shouldn't use .local, if you cannot
change this, turn off avahi and never connect to a mac
Secondly, as far as DNS is concerned, your short hostname is samba4

Kerberos uses DNS to find the DC.

Rowland