[Samba] getent group empty response for multiple domain configuration when one domain controller is down

Deniz Eren denizlist at denizeren.net
Wed Sep 17 08:02:35 MDT 2014

We have two domain controllers, one parent(DOMAIN.COM) and one child(
CHILD.DOMAIN.COM). When two domain controllers are up "getent group"
returns group names correctly. But when child domain controller is down
"getent group" returns empty. My samba version is "3.6.22". I have added my
smb.conf I couldn't find any parameters affecting this problem. Am I
missing something in smb.conf? Or is there a workaround to solve this
problem?

smb.conf
-------------------------------
[global]