[Samba] Samba client doesn't work SMB2 with MAC 0S 10.9.5

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 30 15:20:33 MDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 06:48:37PM +0000, Tompkins, Michael wrote:
> I should have sent the trace for samba 4.0.7 instead of 3.6.5(it was a version before your patches).  I did it first with SMB1 and then with SMB2. So this is a 4.0.7 trace. It fails the Negotiate Protocol Response for SMB2.

Can you run smbclient 4.1.12 under gdb, set a breakpoint
on _exit and then get me the full stack backtrace
including line numbers.

Looking at this it looks like the smbXcli code
doesn't like something about the MacOSX server
SMB2 negprot response to the SMB1 negprot
request.

Note I need you to reproduce this with
4.1.12, *not* your back-ported version,
to ensure it's a generic bug in the