[Samba] Samba4 internal DNS - can't resolve extrenal hosts

Thomas Mulkey tmulkey at incentafcu.org
Tue Sep 30 05:55:38 MDT 2014

I am a bit of a Samba Newb, but I noticed a couple of things that are different from my test environment which has 2 Samba 4 AD DC's.

My resolv.conf has

search incenta.local
nameserver 10.0.2.150

10.0.2.150 is my first DC that has the samba internal dns.
Incenta.local is my domain name

Second
You may want to try setting your forwarded to 8.8.8.8 in the smb.conf (dns forwarder 8.8.8.8, this would rule out any problems with your local dns resolution on pfsense.  I would just verify for sure that the problem is with the samba re-direction