[Samba] Samba client doesn't work SMB2 with MAC 0S 10.9.5

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Tue Sep 30 04:16:46 MDT 2014

Jeremy, we have implemented your updates for to support SMB2 in both 3.6.5 and 4.0.7. That is working fine for both, with the exception of MAC OS 10.9..5 servers. There is a lot of discussion on the web about the problems, and most people talk about a workaround to dummy down to SMB1(NT1), which really is not a desirable option, especially for FIPS support. Was there a specific fix to so the smbclient and the MAC OS 10.9.5 server work together?  That's the information we are looking for.

Regards,
- Mike