[Samba] Any work on Samba service discovery in workgroups?

Kaz Nishimura kazssym at vx68k.org
Mon Sep 29 17:00:07 MDT 2014

(Excuse me if you read this twice.  I resend this again since I sent one
before sumy bscribing and I did not see it in the list archive.)

I'm not so up-to-date in Samba development progress, and I have a
question.  Is anyone now working in Samba service discovery on workgroup
networks (without DC or AD)?

I recently wrote xllmnrd, an IPv6 LLMNR responder daemon so as to make
Samba and other local neighbor servers accessible on IPv6 by their host
names but it hasn't solved the problem that Samba servers don't appear on
Windows computers instantly. So I'm now planning to write a WSD daemon to
advertise the Samba server for Windows Vista and later versions.  If anyone
has already started such a work, I would just like to co-operate without
starting my own.  Let me know if you know one, please.