[Samba] Samba client doesn't work SMB2 with MAC 0S 10.9.5

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Mon Sep 29 11:29:44 MDT 2014

It is when our smbclient tries to connect to a MAC OS 10.9.5 samba server ? It seems they now have implemented their own SMB2 stack, in 10.9 which does not play well with Microsoft’s implementation. The current workaround is only to use SMB1 which is slow and has security issues. In 4.0.7 we can set client max protocol to NT1, but in 3.6.5 client, it does not support client max protocol.

- Mike