[Samba] Broken domain

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Mon Sep 29 06:07:20 MDT 2014

Hi Chris,

We have seen this, and with us the problems were that serious that we
called in the guys from sernet help us solve it.

Why can you not add a new dc to the domain? Does it fail when trying to
replicate the DomainDnsZones partition? Or some other problem?

What helped us is:

-reduce the size of DomainDnsZones with many lines like "ldbdel -d 0 -H
sam.ldb "<GUID=66fd6cd4-a9dc-4d05-ab0c-dc915fce6adb>" --show-recycled
--relax"

- you should then (normally) be able to add a new DC.

But perhaps your problems are bigger..?

MJ