[Samba] help on samba-tng

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:14:47 MDT 2014

On 29/09/14 09:25, Honey Zhao wrote:
> Dear all,
>           This is an embedded firmware engineer Honey from China, and I am studying the samba and samba-tng, because the size of samba is too large to my development.
>
>           I want to port the samba-tng to embedded ARM Linux system, use the kernel version is 2.6.35, but I found the samba-tng can't be compiled by cross compiler(arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc).
>
>           And I can't access the http://www.samba-tng.org website in my office, so not get any technical document on this question.
>
>           I am looking forward to get feedback. Thanks!
>

> Best regards
> Honey
> 2014/9/29
>

> **********************Confidentiality Notice************************
> The opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent our company and its affiliates. If this e-mail is not originally intended for you, or received by you in error, do not disclose its content to anyone and delete it immediately. This e-mail may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure.
Hi, I take it that you are aware that samba-tng is a fork of samba and
was forked back in 1999. It also appears to have gone nowhere since
then, it has only got to version 0.5-rc1 ( this seems to have taken 13
years). You also do not seem to be able to get the latest tarball from
their site, also the last update on the site appears to be back in
February 2013.

Do you really want to use code that doesn't seem to be readily available
and for all intents & purposes appears to be dead ??

Rowland