[Samba] DOS access to Samba server

Carlos R. Pena Evertsz carlosrpevertsz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:30:26 MDT 2014

Hi Peter and all the guys on the list,

A few years ago, i had a problem like yours connecting Win95 and Win98
computers to Samba 3.x Server.

I solved the problem when I changed the computer name to a short format
(8 char max). Then the computers got connected with no problem at all..

I don't know if this could help you, but it would be good to try to see
what happen.

Sincerely,
Carlos R.P. Evertsz
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic